Roush CleanTech’s headquarters has been buzzing with tours already this year. Each group took advantage our Tour Support Program to help with the costs of getting folks to Michigan to learn more about propane buses. We can accommodate one-day or multiple-day agendas.
Girardin in Quebec organized our first tour of 2019. The company brought eight people representing different districts that together operate over 400 school buses. The group needed to fly in and out the same day, so we condensed the schedule. They learned about propane, participated in a fueling demonstration, checked out the Mustangs at Roush Performance, and visited the Roush Automotive Collection museum to see Jack Roush’s car collection. It was a quick, informative day.
Next up was a combined tour with O’Connor Bus Sales from Maine and A-Z Bus Sales from California. O’Connor Bus Sales brought representatives from one school district. The district currently operates three propane buses, but wanted to learn more about how the fuel systems operate. A-Z Bus Sales brought representatives from three school districts interested in propane school buses. Together, the three districts operate around 200 school buses. Along with the factory tour, the two groups visited Roush Performance, the Roush museum and our dynamometer facility.
Tour Support Program
Now in its fourth year, our Tour Support Program has become a highly effective sales tool. A facility tour at ROUSH CleanTech headquarters in Livonia, Michigan, is a great resource to educate both your customers and your employees. Depending on your goals, we can customize the tour’s content to focus on propane, compressed natural gas or gasoline school bus sales, technical service or general education.
We want to provide an equal opportunity for all dealers, regardless of your location, to visit our factory. To help cover the cost of this tour, we pay a portion of your and your customer’s expenses based on where you’re coming from. Check out the map here to determine how much we will cover, per person, for visits from your state.
The typical tour itinerary includes:
- Afternoon arrival of dealer personnel and customers.
- Dinner hosted by ROUSH CleanTech and Blue Bird.
- Morning tour of the ROUSH CleanTech manufacturing facility, product overview and service presentations.
- Break for lunch provided by ROUSH CleanTech and Blue Bird.
- Demonstration of propane autogas fueling.
- Tour of ROUSH Performance and / or a tour of the Roush Automotive Collection museum, featuring Jack Roush’s personal collection of cars.
- Afternoon departure.
In order to qualify for the reimbursement program, the following criteria is required:
- Customer attendees must be current or prospective customers who plan to purchase in the next 12 months.
- Maximum group size is 30 people.
- Background information, including attendees’ names, titles, district and contact information, must be provided to ROUSH CleanTech in advance of the tour.
- At least one dealer representative must attend.
Whether you’ve taken this tour before with your staff or a customer, or this is your first time, you’re sure to learn something new, and, more importantly, to close sales.
To schedule a tour through our Tour Support Program, call us at 800.59.ROUSH or contact your ROUSH CleanTech rep today.