Transit Agency Unveils Autogas Shuttle Buses
Dear Friends of ROUSH CleanTech,
Today, we are at the American Public Transportation Association’s exposition in Houston to unveil the adoption of propane autogas buses by one of the nation’s largest transit systems. Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority’s new autogas fleet of includes 20 paratransit buses to provide clean and affordable transportation for the community.
Greater Cleveland RTA’s reasons for choosing propane autogas are at the core of this fuel:
- Save money.The new buses are projected to save $21,000 per vehicle in fuel costs and maintenance over a six-year period. The agency will recoup its investment in just over one year.
- Save the planet. Each bus will emit 125,000 fewer pounds of carbon dioxide over its lifetime, when compared to conventionally fueled counterparts.
The paratransit buses are built on a Ford E-450 chassis equipped with a ROUSH CleanTech liquid propane autogas fuel system. We are seeing a lot of momentum in the transit market. Propane autogas is ideal for all fleets, no matter the size, application or location:
- It is a versatile and clean-operating fuel.
- It provides a smart return on investment.
- It is domestically produced.
If you’re at the expo, stop by ElDorado’s booth No. 3323 or the Propane Education & Research Council’s booth No. 3707 where we have representatives to speak with and vehicles to view.