Blue Bird Type C School Bus
ROUSH CleanTech has partnered exclusively with Blue Bird since 2012 to bring customers the best-selling Type C propane autogas school bus on the market. In 2015, we launched the gasoline engine, an additional fuel type for the Type C. The Blue Bird Vision, equipped with our fuel system, offers school districts highly sought-after non-diesel options for school bus transportation.
Blue Bird (NASDAQ: BLBD) is the leading independent designer and manufacturer of school buses, with more than 550,000 buses sold since its formation in 1927 and approximately 180,000 buses in operation today. As the only manufacturer of chassis and body production specifically designed for school bus applications, Blue Bird is recognized as an industry leader for school bus innovation, safety, product quality, reliability and durability, operating costs and drivability.
Why Propane Autogas?
Propane autogas vehicles offer:
- Lowest total cost of ownership.
- Substantial fuel and maintenance savings — up to $3,700 per bus each year.
- Quick return on investment.
- Emissions-reducing technology.
- Exceptional cold-weather startups.
- Reduced noise pollution.
- Abundant, domestically produced energy.
- Funding and tax credit opportunities.
- An advanced, clean transportation solution.
Gasoline Buses Offer:
- Familiarity of engine for mechanics.
- Low upfront price.
- Ease of maintenance.
- Exceptional cold-weather startups.
- Quiet, smooth operation.
We engineer our fuel technology solely based on Ford engines. ROUSH CleanTech’s fuel systems retain all quality Ford performance characteristics, such as horsepower, torque and towing. Blue Bird buses equipped with our fuel systems are backed by a 5-year, unlimited mile powertrain warranty.
Ford 6.8L Engine
For almost 30 years, the Ford 6.8L engine has been a reliable, durable product. This engine is:
- Highly utilized in commercial applications.
- Available in both 2V and 3V.
- In more than 1.8 million vehicles on the roads today.
- Well supported for future decades due to the volume in operation and after-sale service.
Ford 7.3L Engine
The 7.3L engine is compact, durable and easy-to-maintain. This Gen 5 engine is:
- Integrated into our propane autogas fuel system seamlessly to give fleet customers the most cost-effective product on the market.
- Ideally suited for Class 3-7 propane autogas applications.
- Packaged well with commercial fleet chassis.
- Serviced with greater ease.
Your school bus fleet success depends on getting where they need to be on time. Our Blue Bird Vision models come with fuel tanks that maximize your mileage and eliminate range anxiety. Plus, ROUSH CleanTech propane autogas fuel tanks are the safest in the industry.
- 47 usable gallons.
- 67 usable gallons.
- 93 usable gallons.
Tank options for gasoline:
- 60 gallons.
- 100 gallons.
We offer a variety of wheelbase configurations for both our propane autogas and gasoline school buses.
|BBCV3303||273″||69 / 98||60 / 100|
|BBCV3310||273″||69 / 98||60 / 100|
|BBCV3507||280″||69 / 98||60 / 100|
NHTSA, FMVSS, EPA. CARB. We take certifications seriously since they are absolutely crucial to meet both federal mandates and your internal emission directives. All of ROUSH CleanTech’s vehicles are emissions-compliant, meeting (and often exceeding) certifications by:
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- California Air Resources Board. Click here to view compliance certificates
- Environmental Protection Agency. Click here to view compliance certificates
A ROUSH CleanTech first! ROUSH CleanTech was the first company ever to receive CARB’s optional low NOx level certification in class 4-7 vehicles. Standard on 7.3L, the 0.02 g/bhp-hr propane autogas engine is 90% cleaner than EPA’s most stringent federal standard.
In real world driving applications, harmful nitrogen oxide emissions are 34 times higher in a diesel bus than a propane bus.
Learn more about NOx by watching our ‘Knock Out NOx’ video here.