Micro Bird G5 School Bus
ROUSH CleanTech has partnered exclusively with Blue Bird since 2012 to bring customers the best-selling propane autogas school bus on the market. The Blue Bird Micro Bird G5 is a Type A multi-function school activity and commercial bus fueled by nontoxic, non-carcinogenic and non-corrosive propane autogas.
Micro Bird Inc. is a joint venture company owned by Blue Bird Corporation and the Girardin Family. With over 130 years of combined experience in the bus industry, Blue Bird and Girardin are known for their quality, innovations, and many industry firsts. Type A Micro Birds, which can carry up to 30 passengers, are intended for the school, childcare, Head Start, churches, tour, and shuttle markets. Micro Bird Inc is committed to offering the highest level of quality in its products, customer service and sales support.
Why Propane Autogas?
Propane autogas vehicles offer:
- Lowest total cost of ownership.
- Substantial fuel and maintenance savings.
- Quick return on investment.
- Emissions-reducing technology.
- Exceptional cold-weather startups.
- Reduced noise pollution.
- Abundant, domestically produced energy.
- Funding and tax credit opportunities.
- An advanced, clean transportation solution.
|Chassis||7.3L Version||GVWR||Propane||0.05 NOx|
We engineer our fuel technology solely based on Ford engines. ROUSH CleanTech’s fuel systems retain all quality Ford performance characteristics, such as horsepower, torque and towing. Blue Bird Micro Bird buses equipped with our fuel systems are backed by a 5-year, unlimited mile powertrain warranty.
For almost 30 years, the Ford 6.8L engine has been a reliable, durable product. This engine is:
- Highly utilized in commercial applications.
- Available in both 2V and 3V.
- In more than 1.8 million vehicles on the roads today.
- Well supported for future decades due to the volume in operation and after-sale service.
The 7.3L engine is compact, durable and easy-to-maintain. This Gen 5 engine is:
- Integrated into our propane autogas fuel system seamlessly to give fleet customers the most cost-effective product on the market.
- Ideally suited for Class 3-7 propane autogas applications.
- Packaged well with commercial fleet chassis.
- Serviced with greater ease.
Your school bus fleet success depends on getting where they need to be on time. Our Micro Bird models come with fuel tanks that maximize your mileage and eliminate range anxiety. The fuel capacity for the aft-axle tank for all Micro Bird G5 propane buses is 41 usable gallons.
ROUSH CleanTech’s fuel system seamlessly integrates into the Micro Bird bus, delivering propane autogas to the engine in liquid form and ensuring zero compromise in bus performance. Fuel lines follow the OEM routing, and the fuel tank generally replaces the standard tank location. Plus, ROUSH CleanTech propane autogas fuel tanks are the safest in the industry.
We offer a variety of wheelbase configurations for our Micro Bird G5 propane buses.
Certifications are absolutely crucial to meet both federal mandates and your internal emission directives. All of ROUSH CleanTech’s vehicles are emissions-compliant, meeting (and often exceeding) certifications by:
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- California Air Resources Board. Click here to view compliance certificates
- Environmental Protection Agency. Click here to view compliance certificates
A ROUSH CleanTech first! ROUSH CleanTech was the first company ever to receive CARB’s optional low NOx level certification in class 4-7 vehicles. Standard on 7.3L, the 0.02 g/bhp-hr propane autogas engine is 90% cleaner than EPA’s most stringent federal standard.