Propane Autogas is Cost Efficient
- Propane autogas burns cleaner in engines than gasoline and diesel, which results in reduced maintenance costs and less wear and tear on the engine and components.
- On average, propane autogas is 30 to 40 percent less expensive than gasoline and about 50 percent less than diesel.
- Engines fueled by propane autogas require less oil by volume than diesel and no additional diesel emission fluids or extra valve adjustments.
- Vehicles fueled by propane autogas have a higher initial purchase price than that of gasoline or diesel vehicles. The extra cost is offset by the lower fuel and maintenance costs of propane autogas over the life of the vehicle. Payback periods for high-mileage fleet vehicles are even shorter.
- Our Savings Calculator helps calculate potential savings.
<< Back to Alt Fuels