This press kit provides resources for media about ROUSH CleanTech, its fuel system technology and product availability.
Since its inception, ROUSH CleanTech has focused on fuel systems fueled by propane autogas, a domestically produced, cost-effective, clean-operating transportation fuel. The company also manufactures compressed natural gas and gasoline fuel systems for Type C school buses.
Press releases, customer testimonials, emissions and cost-savings calculators, company events, activities, blog posts and more may be found at ROUSHcleantech.com.
Schedule an interview with a ROUSH CleanTech expert, visit the facility, take a test drive or just ask a question. We look forward to hearing from you.
Gregg Voss | TSN Communications
877.411.3243 x816 | email@example.com
ROUSH CleanTech, an industry leader of alternative fuel vehicle technology, is a division of ROUSH Enterprises based in Livonia, Michigan. ROUSH CleanTech designs, engineers, manufactures and installs propane autogas fuel system technology for medium-duty Ford commercial vehicles, and Type A and Type C Blue Bird school buses, and compressed natural gas fuel systems for Type C Blue Bird school buses. As a Ford QVM-certified alternative fuel vehicle manufacturer, ROUSH CleanTech delivers economical, clean and domestically produced fueling options for fleets across North America.
The Environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resources Board certify all ROUSH CleanTech propane autogas fuel systems. Vehicles retain Ford’s factory warranty, horsepower, torque and towing capacity after conversion. The company was the first ever to develop a propane autogas class 4 – 7 vehicle engine certified to the optional low nitrogen oxide level of 0.05 g/bhp-hr.
ROUSH CleanTech’s vehicle platforms that operate on propane autogas:
- Ford E-350 / E-450 cutaway and stripped chassis
- Ford F-450 / F-550 chassis cab
- Ford F-650 / F-750 chassis cab
- Ford F-53 and F-59 stripped chassis
- Ford F-250 / F250 pickup trucks (retrofit)
- Ford E-150 / E-250 / E-350 vans and wagons (retrofit)
- Blue Bird Vision Type C school buses
- Micro Bird G5 Type A school buses
ROUSH CleanTech’s vehicle platform that operates on CNG:
- Blue Bird Vision Type C school buses
ROUSH CleanTech’s vehicle platform that operates on gasoline:
- Blue Bird Vision Type C school buses
- Based in Livonia, Michigan.
- Founded October 18, 2010.
- Began with six employees. Currently employs more than 90 people in the fields of engineering, mechanics, design, marketing, sales and administration.
- Part of Roush Enterprises, an established group of companies founded by motorsports legend Jack Roush. Since 1976, Roush Enterprises has been the premier powertrain engineering comapny for Ford Motor Company.
- Located in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility since January 2013.
- Deployed over 18,000 Ford trucks and vans and Blue Bird school buses fueled by propane autogas to fleets across America, including:
- Private fleets such as Alpha Baking, AmeriPride, Bimbo Bakeries USA, Colonial Airport Parking, ConocoPhillips, DISH Network, Frito-Lay, Nestlé Waters, SuperShuttle and U-Haul.
- Government municipalities like King County, Washington and the Cities of Santa Ana and Santa Monica, California.
- Transit agencies such as Broward County Transit, South Carolina’s COMET, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, Flint Mass Transportation Authority, West Palm Beach Transit and DART in Delaware.
- School districts such as Boston Public Schools; Fulton County School District, Georgia; Broward County Public Schools, Florida; Detroit Public Schools; Kyrene School District, Arizona; Washoe County School District, Nevada; Bend-La Pine School District, Oregon; and Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Developed first propane autogas fuel system for an engine to 0.05 g/bhp-hr (grams of pollutants per brake horsepower hour) of nitrogen oxides emitted. This is the lowest NOx levels of any engine in class 4-7 vehicles.
- Displaced more than 400 million miles and displaced more than 500 million gallons of diesel and gasoline in the past seven years with the ROUSH CleanTech vehicles sold.
- Predominately local, domestic-based supply chain.
- Active member and financial contributor of the U.S. Energy Department’s Clean Cities programs.
- Active environmental program that includes extensive recycling, vehicle sharing, trash compacting, and clean-building materials and practices.
- Teamed with Blue Bird in 2010 to provide a cleaner alternatively fueled school bus. Together they’ve sold more than 10,500 school buses powered by propane autogas.
- Recognized by Ford as a Qualified Vehicle Modifier for propane autogas fuel systems.
- Supported widely with 400 locations in its service center network.
- On the boards of ROUSH Enterprises and the NTEA Green Truck Association.
- Active with the Energy Department’s Clean Cities coalitions, National Propane Gas Association, National Truck Equipment Association and Propane Education & Research Council.
Open to the Press
ROUSH CleanTech offers several opportunities for media to learn more.
- Interview an expert. Interview a ROUSH CleanTech executive or engineer about propane autogas and propane autogas fuel system technology. Interviews also may be arranged with ROUSH CleanTech end-users in the private and public sector or with propane autogas experts at associations, government entities and independent research organizations.
- Tour the facility. Tour ROUSH CleanTech headquarters to experience the state-of-the-art fuel tank manufacturing process, or visit the facility for propane autogas conversions.
- Come to a local event. Each year ROUSH CleanTech attends, exhibits and speaks at dozens of shows, conferences and workshops across the country to educate customers and promote product. To learn of upcoming activities, subscribe to our monthly CleanTalk newsletter at com.
- Take a test drive. Media may schedule the use of a ROUSH CleanTech demonstration vehicle or attend a trade show offering a “ride and drive” event.
- Go online. Learn more about product offerings, examine customer case studies, read about the history of propane autogas, calculate emission and cost savings, and peruse recent press releases at ROUSHcleantech.com. Plus, President Joe Thompson shares his insights on transportation energy at Fleet Owner’s IdeaXchange.
Photos, Videos and Subscriptions
Access downloadable high-resolution images at the ROUSH CleanTech Photo Gallery, including:
- CAD images of the propane autogas fuel system.
- Customer vehicles.
- A variety of Ford trucks and vans fueled by propane autogas.
- Blue Bird school buses fueled by propane autogas and CNG.
- Executive portraits.
Find a collection of videos on YouTube’s ROUSH CleanTech Channel, including:
- Customer comments.
- Fueling demonstrations.
- Messages from our executives.
- Online media interviews.
- Annual corporate overview.
Subscribe to the monthly CleanTalk newsletter, a quick way to keep up-to-date on the latest news and events at ROUSH CleanTech, by entering an email address from the homepage.
Jack Roush, Chairman, ROUSH Enterprises
Noted performance engineer and motorsports legend Jack Roush expanded ROUSH Enterprises with ROUSH CleanTech to focus on clean technology for public and private fleet vehicles. Roush serves as the chairman of the board.
Evan Lyall, CEO, ROUSH Enterprises
Appointed CEO in 2001, Evan Lyall helped build ROUSH Enterprises, a multinational firm engaged in automotive engineering, product development, aftermarket performance parts, alternative fuels technology, plastics manufacturing, and motorsports.
Joe Thompson, Group President, ROUSH Products Group
In 2010, Thompson was named president of ROUSH CleanTech, celebrating his second start-up company with ROUSH. Formerly the vice president and general manager of ROUSH Performance Products, Thompson was instrumental in developing the company into one of the premier brands in the automotive aftermarket segment. Thompson now works within the corporate structure of Roush and oversees ROUSH CleanTech and ROUSH Performance Products.
Todd Mouw, President, ROUSH CleanTech
With more than two decades of experience in the automotive and high-tech industries, Todd Mouw is a recognized leader in the alternative fuels industry. Mouw played a key role in taking ROUSH CleanTech from start up to a sustainable and profitable business with more than 18,000 product sales. Mouw also helped set standards in the green trucking industry as the former president of the NTEA Green Truck Association..