This press kit provides resources for media about ROUSH CleanTech, its fuel system technology and product availability.
You’ve likely heard of Roush, known for its engineering expertise, automotive performance and racing team. ROUSH CleanTech is the clean technology division of Roush. The company designs and develops clean, domestic and economic alternative-fuel engine technology, including propane, compressed natural gas and electric. It’s sold more than 19,000 vehicles — medium-duty Ford commercial vehicles and Blue Bird school buses — across the U.S. and Canada.
Press releases, customer testimonials, emissions and cost-savings calculators, company events, activities, blog posts and more may be found at ROUSHcleantech.com.
Schedule an interview with a ROUSH CleanTech expert, visit the facility, take a test drive or just ask a question. We look forward to hearing from you.
Gregg Voss | TSN Communications
877.411.3243 x816 | email@example.com
ROUSH CleanTech, an industry leader of alternative fuel vehicle technology, is a division of ROUSH Enterprises based in Livonia, Michigan. As a Ford Qualified Vehicle Modifier (QVM)-certified alternative fuel vehicle manufacturer, the company delivers economical, clean and domestically produced fueling options for fleets across North America.
The Environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resources Board certify all ROUSH CleanTech fuel systems. Vehicles retain Ford’s factory warranty, horsepower, torque and towing capacity after conversion. The company was the first ever to develop a propane autogas class 4 – 7 vehicle engine certified to the optional low nitrogen oxide levels of 0.02 and 0.05 g/bhp-hr.
ROUSH CleanTech’s propane autogas platforms:
- Ford E-350 / E-450 cutaway and stripped chassis
- Ford F-450 / F-550 chassis cab
- Ford F-650 / F-750 chassis cab
- Ford F-53 and F-59 stripped chassis
- Blue Bird Vision Type C school buses
- Micro Bird G5 Type A school buses
ROUSH CleanTech’s CNG and gasoline platform:
- Blue Bird Vision Type C school buses
ROUSH CleanTech’s electric platform:
- Ford F-650 / F-750 chassis cab
- Based in Livonia, Michigan.
- Founded October 18, 2010.
- Began with six employees. Currently employs more than 100 people in the fields of engineering, mechanics, design, marketing, sales and administration.
- Part of Roush Enterprises, an established group of companies founded by motorsports legend Jack Roush. Since 1976, Roush Enterprises has been the premier powertrain engineering comapny for Ford Motor Company.
- Located in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
- Predominately local, domestic-based supply chain.
- Deployed more than 19,000 Ford trucks and vans and Blue Bird school buses fueled by propane autogas to fleets across America, including:
- Private fleets such as Alpha Baking, AmeriPride, Bimbo Bakeries USA, Colonial Airport Parking, ConocoPhillips, DISH Network, Frito-Lay, Nestlé Waters, SuperShuttle and U-Haul.
- Government municipalities like King County, Washington and the Cities of Santa Ana and Santa Monica, California.
- Transit agencies such as Broward County Transit, South Carolina’s COMET, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, Flint Mass Transportation Authority, West Palm Beach Transit and DART in Delaware.
- School districts such as Boston Public Schools; Fulton County School District, Georgia; Broward County Public Schools, Florida; Detroit Public Schools; Kyrene School District, Arizona; Washoe County School District, Nevada; Bend-La Pine School District, Oregon; and Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Developed first propane autogas fuel systems for engines to 0.02 and 0.05 g/bhp-hr (grams of pollutants per brake horsepower hour) of nitrogen oxides emitted. These are the lowest NOx levels of any engine in class 4-7 vehicles.
- Teamed with Blue Bird in 2010 to provide a cleaner alternatively fueled school bus. Together, they’ve sold more than 14,00 school buses powered by propane autogas.
- Recognized by Ford as a Qualified Vehicle Modifier for propane autogas and CNG fuel systems.
- Supported widely with more than 400 locations in its service center network.
- On the board of ROUSH Enterprises.
- Active member and financial contributor of the U.S. Energy Department’s Clean Cities programs and other air quality organizations.
- Active member of the National Propane Gas Association, National Truck Equipment Association, Natural Gas Vehicles for America and Propane Education & Research Council.
- Member of multiple associations in various markets, including school transportation, food and beverage, and transit industry.
Open to the Press
ROUSH CleanTech offers several opportunities for media to learn more.
- Interview an expert. Interview a ROUSH CleanTech executive about its alternative fuel system technology. Interviews also may be arranged with ROUSH CleanTech end-users in the private and public sectors.
- Tour the facility. Tour ROUSH CleanTech headquarters to see the state-of-the-art fuel tank manufacturing process, or visit the facility to watch a propane autogas fuel system installation.
- Come to a local event. Each year ROUSH CleanTech attends, exhibits and speaks at dozens of shows, conferences and workshops across the country to educate customers and promote its product. To learn of upcoming activities, subscribe to our monthly CleanTalk newsletter at ROUSHcleantech.com.
- Take a test drive. Media may schedule the use of a ROUSH CleanTech demonstration vehicle or attend a trade show offering a “ride and drive” event.
- Go online. Learn more about its alternative fuel systems, Ford and Blue Bird product offerings, examine customer case studies, calculate emission and cost savings, and peruse recent press releases at ROUSHcleantech.com. Plus, Joe Thompson, group president of Roush Performance Group, shares his insights on transportation energy at Fleet Owner’s IdeaXchange.
Photos, Videos and Subscriptions
Access free, downloadable high-resolution images at the ROUSH CleanTech Photo Gallery, including:
- CAD images of the propane autogas fuel system.
- Customer vehicles.
- A variety of Ford trucks and vans fueled by propane autogas.
- Blue Bird school buses fueled by propane autogas and CNG.
- Executive portraits.
Find a collection of videos on YouTube’s ROUSH CleanTech Channel, including:
- Customer comments.
- Fueling demonstrations.
- Messages from our executives.
- Online media interviews.
- Annual corporate overview.
Subscribe to the monthly CleanTalk newsletter, a quick way to keep up-to-date on the latest news and events at ROUSH CleanTech, by entering an email address from the homepage.
Jack Roush, Chairman, ROUSH Enterprises
Noted performance engineer and motorsports legend, Jack Roush expanded ROUSH Enterprises with ROUSH CleanTech to focus on clean technology for public and private fleet vehicles. Roush serves as the chairman of the board.
Evan Lyall, CEO, ROUSH Enterprises
Appointed CEO in 2001, Evan Lyall helped build Roush Enterprises, a multinational firm engaged in automotive engineering, product development, aftermarket performance parts, alternative fuels technology, plastics manufacturing, and motorsports.
Joe Thompson, Group President, ROUSH Products Group
In 2010, Thompson was named president of ROUSH CleanTech, celebrating his second start-up company with ROUSH. Formerly the vice president and general manager of ROUSH Performance Products, Thompson was instrumental in developing the company into one of the premier brands in the automotive aftermarket segment. Thompson now works within the corporate structure of Roush and oversees ROUSH CleanTech and ROUSH Performance Products.
Todd Mouw, President, ROUSH CleanTech
With more than two decades of experience in the automotive and high-tech industries, Todd Mouw is a recognized leader in the alternative fuels industry. Mouw played a key role in taking ROUSH CleanTech from start up in 2010 to a sustainable and profitable business with more than 19,000 product sales. Mouw also helped set standards in the green trucking industry as the former president of the NTEA Green Truck Association.