This press kit provides resources for media about ROUSH CleanTech, its fuel system technology and product availability.
You’ve likely heard of Roush, known for its engineering expertise, automotive performance and racing team. ROUSH CleanTech is the clean technology division of the company. We design and develop advanced clean transportation solutions, including propane autogas. We’ve sold over 37,000 advanced clean vehicles across the U.S. and Canada. Chances are, you’ve seen one of our school buses, transit shuttles or commercial vehicles on the road.
Find press releases, customer testimonials, emissions and cost-savings calculators, company events, activities, blog posts and more at ROUSHcleantech.com.
Schedule an interview with a ROUSH CleanTech expert, visit the facility, take a test drive or just ask a question. We look forward to hearing from you.
Gregg Voss | TSN Communications
877.411.3243 x816 | firstname.lastname@example.org
ROUSH CleanTech, an industry leader of advanced clean transportation solutions, develops propane autogas technology for medium-duty Ford commercial vehicles and school buses.
The Environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resources Board certify all ROUSH CleanTech fuel systems. Vehicles retain Ford’s horsepower, torque and towing capacity after conversion. The company was the first ever to develop a propane autogas class 4 – 7 vehicle engine certified to the optional low nitrogen oxide levels of 0.02 and 0.05 g/bhp-hr.
ROUSH CleanTech’s propane autogas platforms:
- Ford E-350 / E-450 cutaway and stripped chassis
- Ford F-450 / F-550 chassis cab
- Ford F-650 / F-750 chassis cab
- Ford F-53 and F-59 stripped chassis
- Blue Bird Vision Type C school buses
- Micro Bird G5 Type A school buses
ROUSH CleanTech’s CNG and gasoline platform:
- Blue Bird Vision Type C school buses
- Based in Livonia, Michigan.
- Founded October 18, 2010.
- Began with six employees. Currently employs more than 100 people in the fields of engineering, mechanics, design, marketing, sales and administration.
- Part of Roush Enterprises, an established group of companies founded by motorsports legend Jack Roush. Since 1976, Roush Enterprises has been the premier powertrain engineering company for Ford Motor Company.
- Located in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
- Predominately local, domestic-based supply chain.
- Deployed more than 37,000 Ford trucks and vans and Blue Bird school buses fueled by propane autogas to fleets across America.
- Developed first propane autogas fuel systems for engines to 0.02 and 0.05 g/bhp-hr (grams of pollutants per brake horsepower hour) of nitrogen oxides emitted. These are the lowest NOx levels of any engine in class 4-7 vehicles.
- Teamed with Blue Bird in 2010 to provide a cleaner alternatively fueled school bus. Together, they’ve sold more than 16,00 school buses powered by propane autogas.
- Supported widely with more than 700 locations in its service center network.
- On the board of ROUSH Enterprises.
- Active member and financial contributor of the U.S. Energy Department’s Clean Cities programs and other air quality organizations.
- Active member of the National Propane Gas Association, National Truck Equipment Association, Natural Gas Vehicles for America and Propane Education & Research Council.
- Member of multiple associations in various markets, including school transportation, food and beverage, and transit industry.
Open to the Press
ROUSH CleanTech offers several opportunities for media to learn more.
- Interview an expert. Interview a ROUSH CleanTech executive about its alternative fuel system technology. Interviews also may be arranged with ROUSH CleanTech end-users in the private and public sectors.
- Tour the facility. Tour ROUSH CleanTech headquarters to see the state-of-the-art fuel tank manufacturing process, or visit the facility to watch a propane autogas fuel system installation.
- Come to a local event. Each year ROUSH CleanTech attends, exhibits and speaks at dozens of shows, conferences and workshops across the country to educate customers and promote its product. To learn of upcoming activities, subscribe to our monthly CleanTalk newsletter at ROUSHcleantech.com.
- Take a test drive. Media may schedule the use of a ROUSH CleanTech demonstration vehicle or attend a trade show offering a “ride and drive” event.
- Go online. Learn more about its alternative fuel systems, Ford and Blue Bird product offerings, examine customer case studies, calculate emission and cost savings, and peruse recent press releases at ROUSHcleantech.com.
Photos, Videos and Subscriptions
Access free, downloadable high-resolution images at the ROUSH CleanTech Photo Gallery, including CAD images of the propane autogas fuel system, customer vehicles, Blue Bird school buses fueled by propane autogas and more. You can also find a collection of videos on YouTube’s ROUSH CleanTech Channel.
Subscribe to the monthly CleanTalk newsletter, a quick way to keep up-to-date on the latest news and events at ROUSH CleanTech, by entering an email address on the homepage.